950 relatives,each dying to exist.
Thank you 3wyl for #SixWordStories: Monthly Showcase feature.
Lately, I been/am busy with my medical studies and stuff, I was reading Alzheimer last night, and I summarized last night study in these six words. I know, you can write an epic on this disease, but for now I'm happy with this.
I can tell you why I choose those numbers if you want,
9 - 9 early symptoms
1. Memory loss that disrupts daily life
2. Challenges in planning or solving problems
3. Changes in mood and personality
4. Confusion with time or place
5. Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
6. New problems with words in speaking or writing
7. Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
8. Decreased or poor judgment
9. Withdrawal from work or social activities
5 - 5 available effective drugs
0 - no permanent cure
Now you're thinking 'why did I waste my time in knowing what those number means *hah!*' :-P
Any opinion/suggestion? (:
Amazingly enough, you've depicted a disease that truly shifts lives in six words.
Bravo and great work.
I really like this. The concept is really interesting and I really like how you came up with the '950'. And the 950, with or without explanation, seems like a nice round number to use because it's a lot yet doesn't quite hit that 1000 mark so it doesn't seem like too much. The dying to exist part really hits hard as well because it just has this huge effect in such a simple set of words. The whole thing, actually, gives off this huge effect and wave of emotions in only just a few simple words. Great job